ZIGBEE: falsche RSSI-Werte

Ist kein großes Problem, Homegear läuft prima wie gewünscht. Nur stelle ich fest, das die übermittelten RSSI-Werte aller ZIGBEE-Komponenten im Bereich -170 … - 195dB liegen, also falsch sind, denn die Funktion ist einwandfrei. Die übermittelten BidCos-Werte liegen zwischen -88 … -90dB, sind also real. Woran kann das liegen?

@Adrian could you check?

Hah, das ist ja klasse! Die Funktion ist erst seit wenigen Wochen implementiert. Da gibt es noch einen Umrechnungs-/ Darstellungsfehler. Das ist bekannt, aber noch nicht gefixed. Dass das so schnell auffällt, hätte ich aber nicht gedacht :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

I’ll check it out, the minimum value should be indeed -87.

2 Likes

I’ve checked. The rssi value is dealt in the module as an int8.

It’s computed out from the ‘link quality’ value and it’s basically a reverse of what they do in the firmware to compute the link quality out of the rssi value. The possible range is between -87 and 10 (as given by the formula, practically max should be at most zero).

The module exposes the ‘logical’ data as int64 and also as raw value as a uint8. Somewhere there is a conversion issue, but I don’t think it’s in the module.

I also tested with a simple script using php xmlrpc:

$val = $Client->send("getValue", array($dev, $func, "RSSI_DEVICE", true, false));
    print_r($val);

I’ve got between -60 and -34 with the device at about one meter distance and -24 when bringing it very close to the antenna.
-69 when going with it several meters away. I think it looks reasonable.

3 Likes

Seems to be fixed :+1: Thanks Adrian!

1 Like