Reversing homematic blind direction


#1

hi.
i have a small issue in that i installed a while ago my homematic blind switches (HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM) upside down.
now of course when i am in home assistant - the blinds are marked as closed although they are open and vice versa.
is there anything i can do witht he config of this device that it “knows” it is upside down?


#2

Hi @dominicepsom,

I’m not sure if this should be solvable with homegear as it gives only the data to home assistant. Have you asked over at their forum?

Cheers,
P


#3

i did :slight_smile: they said… not possible :)… i will have to live with it


#4

I also see no possibility from homegear… is it realy to complicated to rewire the HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM?

The only thing I can think of is to adapt the coresponding XML-files in the family folder to switch the “datapoints” to a different output. But this seems more like a dirty hack…


#5

yeh i will maybe just take them out and see if i can turn it around. :)… for the record… the home gear service is working like a treat.


#6

which would be the corresponding XML file … i am seeing 3 xmls with the device name in it
|rf_bl_conf_644_e_v2_0.xml:|||
|rf_bl_conf_644_e_v2_1.xml:|||
|rf_bl_conf_644.xml:|||


#7

Uh… don’t know. Maybe @sathya can help out?


#8

thanks for the help. i am going to bite the bullet and dismantle my house and turn them around :slight_smile:


#9

Hello @dominicepsom,

it’s probably a little late now, but we could’ve reversed it with Node-BLUE and a virtual device…

Cheers,

Sathya


#10

hi @sathya
how would one do that… i still havent uprouted the house :slight_smile:


#11

Hey @dominicepsom,

here’s the XML:

<homegearDevice version="1">
	<supportedDevices>
		<device id="VirtualBlind">
			<typeNumber>0x9000</typeNumber>
		</device>
	</supportedDevices>
	<functions>
		<function channel="1" type="BLIND">
			<variables>blind_ch_values</variables>
		</function>
	</functions>
	<parameterGroups>
		<variables id="blind_ch_values">
			<parameter id="LEVEL">
				<properties>
					<casts>
						<rpcBinary/>
					</casts>
					<unit>%</unit>
				</properties>
				<logicalDecimal>
					<minimumValue>0.0</minimumValue>
					<maximumValue>1.0</maximumValue>
					<defaultValue>0.0</defaultValue>
				</logicalDecimal>
				<physicalNone>
					<operationType>store</operationType>
				</physicalNone>
			</parameter>
		</variables>
	</parameterGroups>
</homegearDevice>

Place it in /etc/homegear/devices/254/VirtualBlind.xml and restart Homegear. Then execute:

homegear -r
fs 254
pc 9000 VIRTLBLD01

This creates a virtual blind device. You need one for each blind (for the second one: pc 9000 VIRTLBLD02).

Then open Node-BLUE (https://<Homegear IP>:2002/flows, default user and password homegear). And paste this flow (Menu => Import => Clipboard):

[{"id":"196b1658.a48a02","type":"tab","namespace":"tab","label":"Flow 2","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"991b239e.f7f258","type":"variable-in","namespace":"variable","z":"196b1658.a48a02","variabletype":"device","family":"254","peerid":"157","channel":"1","variable":"LEVEL","refractoryperiod":"0","outputonstartup":false,"loopprevention":false,"looppreventiongroup":"","name":"Virtual Blind Level","x":165,"y":100,"wires":[[{"id":"a1a23.5d8bd5dd8","port":0}]]},{"id":"a1a23.5d8bd5dd8","type":"function","namespace":"function","z":"196b1658.a48a02","name":"","func":"$message['payload'] = 1.0 - $message['payload'];\nreturn $message;","inputs":1,"outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":340,"y":100,"wires":[[{"id":"634b1b59.5af054","port":0}]]},{"id":"634b1b59.5af054","type":"variable-out","namespace":"variable","z":"196b1658.a48a02","variabletype":"device","family":"24","peerid":"151","channel":"3","variable":"LEVEL","name":"Real Blind Level","x":510,"y":100,"wires":[]}]

Change the input and output to the correct variables. That’s it.

Cheers,

Sathya


#12

ok and use the virtual blinds as devices for home assistant… i will try it out this weekend…


#13

Yes - forgot to mention that :stuck_out_tongue:.


#14

well that all kinda worked :)… thanks for the help