MAX! Thermostat (Variablen/Parameter) mit Admin-UI konfigurieren

Hi,
it’s a little bit mysterious…
I’m using 0.8.0-3128 and I have added the “function” blocks to the device definitions, for BC-RT-TRX-CyG, BC-TC-C-WM-4 and BC-RT-TRX-CyN. But it’s like as I even did not change anything…

• Channel 1 and all Parms are missing
  • Channel 2 is there and empty

I will try an update to 0.8.0-3169 on Raspian Buster (it’s only 1 version newer then 3128) to have a look. But I would like to take an image of the SD-Card before :slight_smile:
Just wait and see.

If 3169 should work fine (I pray and hope). Then a dev should be able to find the bug within the diff.

Ok, update was not as easy as it cloud be, since I got an error PATH has to be extended but finaly I got it.

And wow. When looking at the device details, there is a new button “Edit variables / Variablen bearbeiten”. And there is no dependency to modified or unmodified device.xml files. So somewat in the code must have changed…

Of course the empty “channel 2” stays in the parms setup page. But that’s in fact is no huge problem. Just cosmetics.

For me one big open question still remains.
What is the difference between a “parmeters” tag and a “variables” tag in homegear language?

@arkimede
Did yout try to move a variables tag to a parameters tag, like I did?

I can think that the variables represent values that change during operation while the parameters are persistent configurations, for example the various temperatures of the weekly program.
Anyway I didn’t try to swap the values, the test I did was to add the only empty definition of channel 2 … Most likely this addition did not have any effect as the system was already working!
I’m sorry I didn’t try with the old 3115 version I had until yesterday!

1 Like

That was also my first thought about variables and parameters.
But lets have a look, i.e. at BOOST_TIME_PERIOD a enumaration which represents a value of x minutes.
I hope we agree, that it is not a typical value which is changed regularly during operation.

In Homematic HM-CC-RT-DN device it is defined under Channel 0 -> Device Configuration Parameters. As expected.

But in MAX! BC-RT-TRX-CyN device it is defined under Channel 1 -> Variables.
This is the unexpected one.

That is strange. So ether your assumption (and mine too) is wrong, or the device definiton is wrong…

In fact the thing is ambiguous however I can tell you that that value is actually defined among the variables of channel 1 (it is not an error of the Homegear definition files) as even Homematic Manager places it in the same position …

Not fine, but I can live with that strange behavior.

In Germany - at the time of the cold war- there was a saying:
“Just to confuse the russian secret service”

:smile: :smile: :wink: I agree

Hi all,

the reason is, that MAX! doesn’t really have configuration. Everything is treated as a variable. That is way configuration parameters are found in channel 1. That doesn’t really help either, but at least you now know the why…

Cheers,

Sathya

1 Like