Homematic Devices Unreachable after several minutes


#1

Hi Forum

I am having a problem since upgradng HomeGear a couple of months ago. Ever since then all my Homematic devices are unreachable after approximately 5-10 mins on starting HomeGear. I am running HG on a Raspberry Pi 2 (Openhabian), and the Homematic devices are paired with HG using an HM-MOD-RPI-PCB. ALl was running fine until the upgrade.

     ID │ Name                      │  Address │ Serial Number │ Type │ Type String               │ Firmware │ Config Pending │ Unreach │ Low Bat

────────────┼───────────────────────────┼──────────┼───────────────┼──────┼───────────────────────────┼──────────┼────────────────┼─────────┼────────
│ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │
1 │ │ 5AD0D6 │ OEQ0661809 │ 0095 │ HM-CC-RT-DN │ 1.4 │ Yes │ Yes │ No
2 │ │ 615776 │ OEQ1887077 │ 0095 │ HM-CC-RT-DN │ 1.4 │ No │ Yes │ No
5 │ │ 615713 │ OEQ1887132 │ 0095 │ HM-CC-RT-DN │ 1.4 │ No │ Yes │ No
6 │ │ 63C4D4 │ OEQ1882596 │ 0095 │ HM-CC-RT-DN │ 1.4 │ No │ Yes │ No
7 │ │ 53FEC6 │ OEQ0168658 │ 00B1 │ HM-Sec-SC-2 │ 2.4 │ No │ No │ No
8 │ │ 549165 │ OEQ0167766 │ 00B1 │ HM-Sec-SC-2 │ 2.4 │ Yes │ No │ No
9 │ │ 53FD4F │ OEQ0168694 │ 00B1 │ HM-Sec-SC-2 │ 2.4 │ No │ No │ No
10 │ │ 5E0968 │ OEQ1200127 │ 00C7 │ HM-Sec-SCo │ 1.0 │ No │ No │ No
11 │ │ 5E06BF │ OEQ1201505 │ 00C7 │ HM-Sec-SCo │ 1.0 │ No │ No │ No
────────────┴───────────────────────────┴──────────┴───────────────┴──────┴───────────────────────────┴──────────┴────────────────┴─────────┴────────
Logs attached.
homegear.log (465.6 KB)
homegear.err (742 Bytes)
homegear-scriptengine.log (15.6 KB)
homegear-scriptengine.err (173 Bytes)

I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Best Regards

Vincent Bevan


#2

Are you stopping homegear after some minutes? It looks like that.

I am not that familiar with the 0.7.30.

  • Could you check with openHAB shut down? Does it occur as well?
  • Are you using Miscellaneous and Homematic Wired Devices? These modules are installed as well.

#3

Hi many thanks for the feedback. I tried shutting down openHAB and then restarting Homegear - same problem. I also tried unloading the modules you mentioned, as these are not used. Still the same problem. Any further ideas would be great.

Cheers

Vincent Bevan


#4

Your log is about 14000 lines long, most of it is openHAB asking for values, if i see it correctly. Please have a look at your log with openHAB shut down.

12/10/18 00:06:23.180 Info: Peer 5 is set to unreachable, because no packet was received within 600 seconds. The Last packet was received at 01/18/70 21:59:56.180

It looks like the last packet received for peer 5 was sometimes in the seventies, which is usually the same as never. Or your date & time may be off. The Pi does not have a real time clock, it receives its time and date value sometimes during starting up from the internet. Could you please restart homegear after the system is up and running and the date/time is set correctly.


#5

Hi job many thanks for your assistance. After much searching and testing changes I reinstalled HG and now everything is fine.

Cheers

Vincent