CUL with AES

Hi,

I am Darko and I started using Homegear in this combination:

OpenHAB -> Homegear -> CUL, all running on a Raspberry Pi. The CUL has a large antenna, because my house has thick concrete floors.

I am really impressed by Homegear, everything works far and I have already activated about 20 devices in my house. As next step I was planning to add KeyMatic to my door, but realized that there are limitations, because Homegear/CUL is not able to provide the required AES handshake. So I have three choices right now:

[ul]
[li] I limit myself to using KeyMatic only via the provided remote, I can still see the state of KeyMatic, but not activate it e.g. time based[/li]
[li] I remove Homegear/CUL and switch over to a CCU2[/li]
[li] I hope that Homegear will learn AES one day[/li][/ul]

Therefore I ask if how the chance to hack AES are.

Regards,

Darko

Hey Darko,

the problem with the AES handshake implementation is, that the default AES key is unknown. As soon as I know the default key, I will implement the AES handshake in Homegear. I can’t say though, what the chances are, only that we are still working on it and haven’t given up :wink:. I want AES handshake support badly, too!

Cheers,

Sathya

Hi Sathy,

this is very good news, thank you. Somehow it was very clear to me, that you are also willing to avoid CCU2 :slight_smile:

Regards,

Darko

Yes, I don’t like the CCU :stuck_out_tongue: . It’s so slow and there are so many limitations…

Have fun experimenting with Homegear :wink:

Hi there,

is there any good news concerning the keymatic integration in homgear?

Regards,

chris

Hey Chris,

the KeyMatic works with Homegear in combination with the official eQ3 modules (HM-CFG-LAN, HM-LGW and HM-CFG-USB), but still not yet with the CUL. Currently our focus is on other things, but we are still working on it!

Cheers,

Sathya

Great news is here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=217#p1709