For me, “Homematic Manager Address” is the IP of the device the software “Homematic Manager” is running on. “CCU address” is the hostname of the device Homegear is running on.
I have Homegear configured to have unsecured access on ports 2001 to 2003. This might be necessary, too.
that’s what I did, unfortunately it doesn’t work.
From the homegear log, when the link starts there is a data transmission, then everything stops
04/12/20 15:15:46.491 Info: Client with IP ::ffff:192.168.1.100 is calling “init”.
04/12/20 15:15:46.491 Info: Adding server “http://192.168.1.100”.
04/12/20 15:15:46.491 Info: Calling init methods on server “http://192.168.1.100”.
04/12/20 15:15:46.996 Debug: Adding method system.multicall
04/12/20 15:15:46.996 Debug: Adding method event
04/12/20 15:15:46.996 Debug: Adding method newDevices
04/12/20 15:15:46.996 Debug: Adding method deleteDevices
04/12/20 15:15:46.996 Debug: Adding method replaceDevice
04/12/20 15:15:46.997 Debug: Adding method listDevices
04/12/20 15:15:46.997 Debug: Adding method system.listMethods
The homegear administration ui works fine and I can see the devices in both homegear and homeassistant …
I don’t know then. I access Homegear running on my Raspberry from my Laptop running Homematic Manager.
In rpcservers.conf for ports 2000 to 2003:
- no SSL,
- authtype none
- interface for FamilyRPCServer ::1, all other ::
- all server types except websocket, websocket only on port 2002
thanks a lot for the help, there must be something wrong with my setup, i will try to find.
I found no Android Homematic app which could connect to Homegear, so there seems to be a difference between Homematic and Homegear for the clients trying to connect.
However, Homematic Manager (I run it using Ubuntu) flawlessly connects and makes my Max!-Devices configurable - however not very intuitive.
Unfortunately I played around so often with my setup that I can no longer reproduce any step. As far as I remember, it was not very difficult to connect Homematic Manager to Homegear. It was something like removing some access restrictions in Homegear, and voila…
Unfortunately, the admin UI of Homegear is not really usable. I need it to set thermostat programs, but for most other aspects (e.g. temperature correction, pairing/connecting devices) I mostly use Homematic Manager.
I use a Raspberry as a homegear and homeassistant server; they work well and communicate well with each other after the latest homegear changes.
I tried to install Homematic-manager on a computer with Windows; as you could see from the log, a communication with homegear begins, then everything stops. I checked the windows firewall and it looks fine. I would like to ask you if it is possible to send me your homegear configuration files (of course you can obfuscate ip addresses or other sensitive data) so that I can compare with mine; eventually I will try to run homematic-manager on a computer with linux.
I sent you my config files. No secrets here, should be mostly the defaults (and is only accessibly from within my net).
I tried to install homematic-manager on a Linux virtual machine and it works perfectly without making any changes to the Homegear configuration; obviously there is a problem with windows … Too bad there is no english version …
I will translate the commands …
Thanks again for kindly cooperation!
Unfortunately, the program is not very intuitive. It closely mimics the Homematic internals, which are a bit confusing. Also, at least for me the “human readable” device names are not synced between Homegear and Homematic Manager, which adds another level of complexity, as you have either to deal with the cryptic device ids or enter the names in both softwares. Homematic Manager moreover seems to allow the change names not only per-device, but also per-channel.
On the first tab (“Geräte”) you have to expand the device lines and right click on the resulting lines (=channels) and then guess if the parameter you want to change is part of “MASTER” or “VALUES” paramset (and in which channel of your device you find it at all…).
The second tab (“Verknüpfungen”) is used to link channels of devices (usually a TRANSCEIVER channel to a RECEIVER channel). Not every RECEIVER can be linked to every TRANSCEIVER, but the program will only show allowed connections. Usually this is relatively straightforward, I had troubles with a wall-mounted thermostat until I found out that here the window open notification uses an other channel than the normal thermostats.
Tell me if you need help.
good news, I made a fork of homematic-manager and fixed windows problems and device names plus full english translation. Actually only Windows installer but in next days i’ll release linux installer.
https://github.com/mikyjazz/homematic-manager (yes, I’m ‘mikyjazz’ on github )
Added Linux installer