Info: No response to packet after 3 tries

Hi,

I’m getting this message in the logs: "Module HomeMatic BidCoS: LAN-Konfigurationsadapter “GW”: Info: No response to packet after 3 tries:"
How can I track down, what the source of the problem is?

Best regards,
Peter Balogh

Hey Peter,

could you send me the full log file? Then I might be able to tell you, where the problem is :wink:.

Cheers,

Sathya

Hi,

The log file is pretty big, as we’re running an XMLRPC client on this and I’m not sure if the log contains sensitive information :slight_smile:
I’ve checked the logs and beside the usual XMLRPC communications and the updates from the motion sensors, I’ve only found this:

11/06/15 08:18:08.073 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: LAN-Konfigurationsadapter “Cit-HM-LGW”: Info: Sending (Cit-HM-LGW): 0B03A004FD20863463980100
11/06/15 08:18:08.915 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: LAN-Konfigurationsadapter “Cit-HM-LGW”: Info: No response to packet after 3 tries: 1903A004FD2086346398857B5B1855E6CE44BDE0B06C55B52A25

Does this help?

Best regards,
Peter Balogh

Hi Peter,

you are not giving me a lot of information to work with :wink:. You have a pairing problem though. The 04 packet is the packet which sets the AES key. Did you factory reset the device before pairing it to Homegear? That’s important especially when working with AES. If the device uses the default key, reset it again, remove the device from Homegear and pair it again. If not, you need to pair it to the central where it previously was paired to and then use the central to reset the device.

Cheers,

Sathya

Hi Sathya,

Thank you, you’ve already helped a lot :slight_smile:
I’ll try to figure out, which device causes the issue

Thanks,

Best regards,
Peter

Hi,

I also see this type of entries in the file /var/log/homegear/homegear.err:

07/09/16 11:30:09.790 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: LAN-Konfigurationsadapter “LEQ0640839”: Info: No response to packet after 3 tries: 1070A001FDB6E93D596000040000000000

3D5960: is the address of an optical shutter contact HM-Sec-SCo.

I currently use 12 HM-Sec-SCo.
Each of them produces one entry roughly every hour in the log file.

Do you have a solution of for this problem or can I simply ignore it?

BTW: all contacts are working correctly.

Thanks for the fantastic project and best regards
Ralf

Hello Ralf,

does pressing the pairing button on the shutter contact help to solve the issue? Please post the output of:

fs 0
ls
ps SHUTTER_CONTACT_ID
queues info

Does “ls” show “Config penging”? If everything is working fine, you can probably enter “queues clear” here. But just to make sure, post the output of “queues info”.

Cheers,

Sathya