How to configure Homematic devices from homegear?

Hello developer team,
I installed homegear on my pi and it worked like a charm, but I wonder how to configure the devices. E.g. I have a display-switch and would like to set the texts on the display as well as I would like to change the update rate of my motion detection sensor. I searched on your page but couldn’t find any information beside the sensor list which states that I can use the display switch. Do you have any hints for me?

Hey,

currently Homegear does sadly not have a web frontend for configuration. But we are working on it :wink:. The easiest way to configure your device is to use the official HomeMatic configurator (I think it’s only available in German, but I assume you speak German?). You can download the configurator here: [1] and you can find setup instructions here: [2].

Alternatively you can use scripts to configure devices. Here is a script to set the text of your display switch and the detection interval of your motion detector. Place it in /var/lib/homegear/scripts:

#!/usr/bin/env php
<?php
require_once("HM-XMLRPC-Client/Client.php");
$Client = new \XMLRPC\Client("localhost", 2001);

print_r($Client->send("putParamset",
	array
	(
		147, //Put the ID of your display switch here
		1, //Channel = Number of the key
		"MASTER", //"MASTER" for configuration parameters
		array
		(
			"TEXT1" => "Foo1",
			"TEXT2" => "Foo2"
		)
	)));

print_r($Client->send("putParamset",
	array
	(
		157, //Put the ID of your motion detector here
		1, //Channel: "MIN_INTERVAL" is in channel 1
		"MASTER", //"MASTER" for configuration parameters
		array
		(
			"MIN_INTERVAL" => 0, //0 = 16s, 1 = 32s, 2 = 64s, 3 = 128s, 4 = 256s
		)
	)));
?>

To see, what parameters can be set and which channel to use, look in the device’s XML files. You can find them in “/etc/homegear/Device types”. I hope that helps :wink:. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Sathya

[1] http://www.eq-3.de/Downloads/Software/Konfigurationsadapter/Konfigurationsadapter_LAN/HM-CFG-LAN_Usersoftware_V1_514_1_eQ-3_140328.zip
[2] https://www.homegear.eu/index.php/Pairing_HomeMatic_BidCoS_Devices#Pair_a_Device_Using_the_HomeMatic_Configuration_Tool

Thanks, that helped me a lot! You were right… German is my native language, so I can use the Configuration tool, even though I have to start a virtual windows in my Ubuntu system :slight_smile: