Homematic AES Bounty

Hi!

In my last donation to the project, I pledged another 300 EUR once Homematic-AES support over the busbare devices is working. I thought maybe others would like to contribute pledges, too?

Maybe the developers would like to set up a Kickstarter project or some kind of bounty scheme for this?

Maybe this could be opened up for other hackers, too? The developers could promise a certain percentage share of the bounty to anyone who solve parts of the problem?

Greetings,
Julian

Hey Julian,

thanks for the donation you already made :slight_smile:!

We are at least not the only ones working on it: pastebin.com/eiDnuS8N

We didn’t have much time to work on the AES handshake the last months. But we will look into the problem again the next weeks. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Sathya

I would love to help, but unfourtunately I am currently drowning in work. 15 hour work days, 7 days a week are the norm for me right now, and will continue to be for the next few months at least.

Great project, btw!

See https://git.zerfleddert.de/hmcfgusb/AES/ :stuck_out_tongue:.

Wow, this is great news! I will stop reconfiguring all my devices to unencrypted mode immediately, and will wait for the AES support now. :slight_smile:

Sehr gut! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Direkt eine Kopie von der Seite gemacht.

Ist das schon in Homegear eingebaut? :wink:

Ist es sinnvoll, das in die CUL-FW einzubauen oder sollte das AES-Handshaking von FHEM, Homegear (mit CUL als Phys I/F) , etc. gemacht werden?

— English

Great! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Made a copy of the page immediately.

Has this already been integrated in Homegear? :wink:

Does it make sense to put that into the CUL-FW or should the AES-Handshaking be done by FHEM, Homegear (with CUL as phys I/F), etc.?

Ok, I will answer the question by myself.

It seems to be part of the application software like here for FHEM:
forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,38 … #msg305426

So AES-Handshaking will be part of Homegear.

Yes, it will be :wink:.

Now that the HomeMatic AES support is possible, any idea when it might become implemented in Homegear?

I still have my pledge standing by for transfer, anyone else willing to chip in?

There’s a lot to do currently. But I think, it will be implemented within the next two months.

Cheers,

Sathya

is there any update on this? Is there a way to include the Keymatic?

Yes, there is. It’s already working basically with the CUL (device name culaes). There are just a few small things missing.

Cheers,

Sathya

will AES be available with CC1101 too?

Yes

but its not already built in - isn´t it? (any ideas about when it will be supported?)

No, it’s not built in yet. I don’t want to make any promises :wink:. There is so much to do at the moment…

Any news on this front?

Yes, it’s fully implemented now in 0.6 :slight_smile:.