HM-LGW and "triggering" smoke detectors

Hey! Could someone please tell me how to send the siren alarm using a HM-SEC-SD?

I have 6 of them installed and linked in one group. I am using openHab like:
Contact Smoke_Living “Living” (Smokes, Living) {homematic=“address=LEQ0017899, channel=1, parameter=STATE”}

and would like to use the siren like:
Switch Alarm_Signal_Indoor "Alarm - Indoor " (Alarm) {homematic=“address=LEQxxxxxxxxx, channel=x, parameter=xxxxx”}

how do I address the group? I my device list I have:
ID │ Name │ Address │ Serial Number │ Type │ Type String │ Firmware │ Config Pending │ Unreach
0x40000013 │ │ 25DF5B │ *LEQ0033668 │ 0042 │ │ ? │ No │ No
0x40000017 │ │ 25E1E8 │ *LEQ0034457 │ 0042 │ │ ? │ No │ No

Thanks a lot!

Hey,

from the command line run:

or

Of course you can call “setValue” over RPC, too.

Cheers,

Sathya

This would be so great. :sunglasses:

I’m still looking for a combined siren (indoor alarm) and smoke detector. Thus I’m wondering, if the siren of the new HM-SEC-SD-2 can be enabled on demand or not.

@Wirrkopf, @sathya: Have you had any success in triggering the siren of this device?

Hi @Mythos,

I still don’t have any devices to test. If someone would send them to me, I will implement it ;-).

Cheers,

Sathya

I could buy some HM-SEC-SD-2 and send them to you.

Do you think that EQ-3 may completely prevented the siren triggering by firmware?

That would be really great!

I don’t know, but I don’t think so. The detectors have to communicate with each other so the external triggering should be possible.

Cheers,

Sathya

Hello everyone,

seems like I’ll have to dig this up :smiley:
any success/news on the issue yet?

Best regards

Hello @cokefridge,

the HM-SEC-SD-2 can be triggered by Homegear.

Cheers,

Sathya

1 Like

Hello @sathya,

thanks for the info. :slight_smile: I was a bit confused about the setValue part you mentioned earlier in the thread, so I asked the question in the OpenHab board. As I am still a newbie (coming from an annoying UI in the generally limiting rwe/innogy smarthome solution) triggering the alarm in openhab might be useful to someone finding this thread here (like i did) :sweat_smile:

1 Like