HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM no status change when manual operated

Hi,

when I change something on my Homematic heating valves I see appropriate messages in Homegear. However, when I operate my Homematic rollerblinds (HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM) nothing is reported. As a result, I am not able to read-out and react to the current position of the blinds.

Is this an expected behaviour?

Kind regards

Christoph

Hi @m0wlheld,

according to the 1%-Rule the devices try to send as less radio packets as possible. So it is totally normal, that the state changes that got send by a device - when operated manually - are some time behind the actual state.

See here (german) for a explanation how the 1%-rule works: https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/1%_Regel
(maybe use google translate).

Maybe @sathya has an idea on how to work around this?

Cheers,
p

Hi @pmayer and thanks for the response. I am aware of the 1% rule, but I think my issue is different.

Let’s say I lower the blinds to 90% open (100% is fully open) using Home Assistant’s GUI, the following appears in the homegear.log (at log level 5):

09/26/17 07:51:25.122 RPC Server (Port 2001): Info: Client number 18 is calling RPC method: setValue (1) Parameters:
(String) NEQ13682XX:1
(String) LEVEL
(Float) 0.9
09/26/17 07:51:25.123 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: Debug: LEVEL of peer 28 with serial number NEQ13682XX:1 was set to B4. 

Next, I go to homegear’s console (homegear -r), select peer 28 and use config print to read the current level:

Channel: 1
        {
                [WORKING]: 00
                [LEVEL]: b4
                [INSTALL_TEST]: 00
                [STOP]: 01
                [INHIBIT]: 00
                [DIRECTION]: 00
        }

So the Level “B4” is reflected properly. Now I open the the blinds completey using the wall switch and nothing happens in homegear’s logfile. Not directly and not after a minute, while other components (heating valves, motion and brightness sensors) continuously report changes.

Using homegear’s console the config print of peer 28 also remains unchanges

{
        [LEVEL]: b4
}

Only if i use Home Assistant again to open (the already open) blinds using homegear’s BidCos emulation, the level value of peer 28 is updated:

09/26/17 08:03:56.271 RPC Server (Port 2001): Info: Client number 22 is calling RPC method: setValue (1) Parameters:
(String) NEQ13682XX:1
(String) LEVEL
(Float) 1
09/26/17 08:03:56.272 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: Debug: LEVEL of peer 28 with serial number NEQ13682XX:1 was set to C8.

Console:

{
            [LEVEL]: c8
    }

So, my Home Assistant automations that depend on getting the actual position of the blinds fail now. This is something that changed about 3 months ago, because those automation rules previously have been working as expected.

Cheers

Christoph

Oh, ok. Than my first bet does not fit.
Sadly I can’t say anything about this.

Paging @sathya…

I filed an issue at Github, because I think it’s a bug. Happy to assist hunting it down …

1 Like

Just a quick update: Disabling AES encryption makes blind’s level reporting work again and it stays this way even if AES encryption is re-enabled afterwards.

1 Like