Dockerized build environment for x86_64

did anybody manage to set up a working build environment for x86_64?
My goal is to run homegear in a docker container as like some of my other services on my 24x7 server. Having a build environment in another container is a nice thing. But I failed to use automake and autoconf.
Thanks for help

Hey,

just use the docker build environment: https://hub.docker.com/r/homegear/build/

Start it with the environment variable “HOMEGEARBUILD_SHELL” set to “1”.

Cheers,

Sathya

Hi sathya,

oh, why didn’t I stumble over that? Anyway, I tried, but the build failed.
Perhaps you have time to look at my build.log mein-webportal.de/homegear/build.log.

My plan is to integrate a module to push events directly to a zabbix server.
(I want to start with measuring, before thinking about actions)

thank you, great work!

Hey,

would you try again? Is the error still there? Maybe the push didn’t work. You used the last build environment. I cleaned up the GitHub repository and removed all files generated by the Autotools. Now there is a bootstrap script which needs to be called to generate the configure script and Makefiles. The build environment you used does not do that. I will check on monday if the pushed repository is the right one.

Cheers,

Sathya

Hi sathya,

no, it’s still the same error.

Holger

Hey Holger,

I uploaded new Docker images (with parallerized build support [-e HOMEGEARBUILD_THREADS=x]). Now it should work. Would you try again :unamused:. If it’s still not working, please send me the tag of the Docker image you tried to use.

Cheers,

Sathya

Hi sathya,

the script seems not to resolve the number of threads correctly:
mein-webportal.de/homegear/build.log
As you can see in the log I use homegear/build:debian-jessie-amd64.

Holger

Hey Holger,

don’t append “bash” at the Docker command line. “” is replaced in “FirstStart.sh”, which is being executed by default.

Cheers,

Sathya

Thanks! I got everything built.
I’ve seen you have MQTT implemented and I found a MQTT-zabbix-relay on github. My first try will be to put that together.

Holger

After some time, homegear runs together with a mosquitto inside a x86_64 docker container.
A tiny python script forwards all readings to a zabbix server. Works great.
See at: github.com/hgruber/homegear2zabbix

Holger

Hey Holger,

I already saw it on GitHub! I most definitely have to try it out. I’m using Zabbix, too :wink:.

Cheers,

Sathya